Check In & Out
For safety and insurance purposes, all groups must check-in and out at the guard station. Check-in is 3:00 p.m. and Check-out is 12:00 noon.
Cars can be parked at the cabin or campsite. Overflow parking is located at the back corner of the property, by the cabins. The speed limit is 10 mph throughout the campground.
All golf carts must be registered at the guard station. Golf cart drivers must be 16 years old and a licensed driver. One cart per site/unit is permitted for $10.00. Carts must observe quiet hours 10:00 pm – 7:00am on weekdays and 11:00 pm – 7:00am on weekends.
Visitors to seasonal camp sites must check in at guard station, wear wristbands and have car permits. Day visitors may visit for free. Overnight visitors in excess of the site maximum of 8 guests, will be charged $5 for adults and $3 for children 4-17. Children under 4 are free.
Firewood is available at the guard house for a suggested $5 donation. Please come prepared with fire starting supplies. Camp fires must be contained within fire circles. Ensure all fire embers are put out. Outside firewood is prohibited. DO NOT leave fires unattended at any time.
Please throw trash in dumpsters located at Flagpole camping area, Scout Alley, or the exit road upon departure.
Please visit the guard station to report any non-emergency problems for the Site Manager to handle. For severe maintenance emergencies (power outage, major water leaks, lack of hot water, etc) please call 217-720-2101.
Please be considerate of others. Quiet time is 10:00pm – 7:00 am on weekdays and 11:00 pm – 7:00 am on weekends.
Cabins and Cottages kitchen/bathrooms are stocked with toilet paper, trash bags, paper towels, silverware and dishes. Please use proper cleaning instructions to sanitize dishes for next group.
- Bed linens and towels are provided in cottages.
- Towels only are provided for cabins. Bunk bed linen is available for a nominal charge of $5 per bed/per change for cabins.
Guests are reminded they are renting exposed sites subject to changing weather conditions. Camp SOAR reserves the right to cancel reservations due to hazardous site conditions, or other conditions beyond its control. In such cases, all fees will be refunded.
Anyone wishing to cancel their reservation must provide notice by the cancellation deadline: If the cancellation is received at least 10 days prior to the scheduled arrival date, the reservation may be rescheduled for another date within one year of the original reservation date. A 10% cancellation fee will be assessed for the rescheduled reservation.
However, if the cancellation is received less than 10 days prior to the scheduled arrival date, 50% of the reservation amount will be forfeited. The remainder may be used toward a future reservation within one year of the original reservation date. Excessive cancellations will jeopardize future rental privileges.
Smoking is prohibited inside any building, facility, or other enclosed location on Camp SOAR property.
Firearms, air guns or projectile weapons, ammunition, or explosives are not allowed on Camp SOAR properties at any time.
Alcohol is permitted in campground and picnic areas, provided the person in possession of alcohol is of legal drinking age (21) and containers are covered.
Dogs must be leashed when in common areas and MUST be up to date on vaccinations. Dogs must not be left unattended and must be quiet while on site. Designated dog-friendly cottages are 1, 5, and 7. Within the cottage, dogs must be crated and there will be a $25 pet fee per visit added to the reservation fee. If pet damages occur, charges will be assessed upon departure.
Please stay on marked trails and roads to avoid falls and poison ivy and to prevent erosion and disturbance to plant life. Children should be supervised when near creeks or other water areas. Please avoid buildings or areas not assigned to your group.
Campers have free use of paddle boats. All boaters must wear a personal flotation device (PFD). No outside boats are permitted.
Swimming is allowed in the swimming pool during public swim hours which are posted outside of the pool area.
- No food, gum, tobacco or glass bottles are allowed in the pool area, beach or bathhouse.
- Please remove all jewelry and band-aids before entering the pool.
- Please do not wear shoes in the pool.
- All persons are asked to rinse off at the rinse station before entering the pool area.
- No running on pool deck or in the bath house.
- Please avoid rough play, dunking or pushing people into the pool.
- Please avoid hanging or climbing on the rope in the pool.
- Please avoid backflips or backdives in the pool.
- For the safety of others, please do not spit water or blow nose in the pool.
- Glass, soap, or any other material that might create hazardous conditions or interfere with efficient operation of the swimming pool shall not be permitted in the swimming pool or on the pool deck. Sunscreen lotion is an exception.
- Proper attire is required of all bathers on deck or in the pool.
- Admission to the pool is refused to all persons having any contagious diseases.
- The lifeguard is in charge of the pool at all times. Any other supervising staff is under lifeguard’s supervision.
Ensure all persons are prepared for an emergency and familiar with the procedures listed here. Be aware of the location of emergency numbers posted nearby. The main emergency number is 911.
In the event of severe thunderstorms or tornado warning conditions, campers should proceed to the basement of the Lodge. NOAA weather radio is monitored at the guard station. Camp Hosts will circle the campground and signal in case of a weather emergency.
Please be aware during storms with heavy rainfall that the creek can flood quickly. Be prepared to move to higher ground.
The nearest hospital is St. Francis Hospital, 1215 Franciscan Drive, Litchfield, IL, 8 miles away. Phone number is 217/324-2191.